I'll just say straight out that: No, I didn't work out today. There, I said it. Onto my thoughts on priorities. Today was a Saturday. Those are a big day in our house since the hubs is actually home the whole day and it seems like the one day to get things done like grocery shopping or major errands since we can go without kids. Anyhow, I realized this morning (and I've been realizing it for a while, but for the first time it hit me with more intensity) that I am feeling less of a desire to get as much sleep as possible and more of a desire to get up before my kids so I can get things done. This is a big deal for me. I am a big sleep. 10 hours a night, please. I am not a morning person. Let me repeat: NOT a morning person. But I'm realizing that since I've been using my nap-time to exercise and read the scriptures each day I don't have much time to do anything else on my to-do list like sew, write in journals, craft, clean (I actually do enjoy cleaning from time to time), write letters, or whatever else is on my to-do list that week. I thought today that if I could just get up before the kids and exercise and shower, maybe even do my scripture reading, I could get other things done during nap-time and it would feel nice to get more done. Exercising is still a priority for me. So is eating right. And don't get me wrong, I get a good amount of sleep. The hubs and me are not night owls. Our lights are out before or right after 10 most nights. He wakes up at 5 during the week, and I'm tempted to join him. Guess we'll have to let Munchkin sleep in her crib instead of the living room like she has been. Let's hope she's over her 4:00 am chat session-phase.
It may be a while yet before I put this new train of thought into action. I don't know. But I do feel like I'm getting closer to turning over a new lead. You could say I've spotted the leaf, and have thought about turning it over, but have not made any attempt to touch it quite yet. :) How's that for non-commitla?
No comments:
Post a Comment