Sunday, November 13, 2011

Perfect Chicken Salad

A while ago I was talking about my amazing chicken salad I like to eat for lunch. Well, I had it again today and thought I should finally share the yummy recipe. The whole thing is the Santa Fe Chicken Salad. But I only use the marinade for the chicken and make a simpler salad with it. Here's the link to the recipe. I use the marinade to make the chicken, and I often only marinate the chicken for like 10 minutes. So don't feel hampered by time. Then I add fresh lettuce (romaine usually), chopped tomatoes and bell peppers. Then I top with ranch and french fried onions. I know, they sound so bad. But I like them better than croutons because they're so small that they permeate their yumminess throughout the salad and not just a few bites. I don't use a ton, so I don't feel like I'm making my salad fatty. If you have time, or want to make a special dinner, I highly recommend the entire salad. It's so, so, so good. But if you just want to try out the chicken, it's also delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment