I was fully planning on doing my work-out yesterday. But with my not so great weigh in and some frustrating events throughout the day I just really wasn't feeling it. I spent a lot of time out of the house doing errands. The hubs was Mr.Mom and did a ton at the house. At the end of the day I was feeling better and a bit more motivated generally.
Today was a planned day off. I think overall the two days off have been helpful for recharge days. Tomorrow is our No-Tech Monday so I won't be on the computer. I will be working out as usual during naptime. I might blog about it after the kids go to bed. But if not, I'll do it early Tuesday.
Overall I'm feeling better. It's good to take time to gain perspective and to release stress. I'm not taking things too hard. My transformation is not about numbers but about health, energy and well-being. I've had no stress over eating an oreo or yummy mint-chocolate brownie. Although I want to be healthy and fit, I'm not Jillian Michaels, or Denise Austin. I'm a mom who has cupboards full of cookies and fruit snacks and I will eat them on occasion. But I am slowly changing habits. Like drinking more water, having a more regular diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, and getting my body some regular exercise. It will take time to make these habits a more cemented part of my life, but I can already see the change. Slowly these things are becoming my norm, and that's what I want. And I want my changes to become the norm for my kids so they'll have great, healthy habits growing up. And a great role model in their Mama.
So here's to a new day and a new week.
No comments:
Post a Comment