Friday, September 2, 2011

Checking In

So I've been working the new goals this week. Getting more fruits and veggies every day. It hasn't been a huge change, but I'm hoping it's been enough. I've also not been eating after 8! I'm pretty proud of myself on this one. The other night we got the kids down, and I hadn't had my nightly treat. It was 7:50. I bust out the ice cream and took a few bites and put it back so happy with myself. It's the little things, really. :) Another thing I've been doing that I didn't mention was trying to drink more water. I've been doing this for a while now, but I've renewed my dedication. At lunch and dinner, I usually pack down 2 cups with my meal. I'm not a big water drinker first thing in the morning. So I usually have milk or orange juice. But I'm hoping this will help as well.

So, in an effort to make myself more accountable and to keep better track of my progress, I think I'm going to invest in a scale. I have never owned one, and for the most part don't like them. But if I'm only stepping on it once a week I think it'll be a good investment.

I also wanted to keep working out in any form, but since getting a run in is not so possible right now with our new school-schedule, I've decided to try working my Denise Austin DVD's at home. I finally did it, and got in an ab work-out this morning. The DVD I have is great. It has work-outs for 3 separate areas. And each area has 3 levels. The first 2 levels in each area are 10 minutes long. The 3 level video is 20 minutes. So I can do a 10 minute ab-workout and be done with it. They're super good work-outs. I really like them. Then if I get more time I can do levels 1 and 2 and spend 20 minutes, or any combination. It's hard to be motivated to work-out at home, but I always feel good when I do.

If I can start making progress on dropping the poundage, I'm going to start working on another goal. Something a bit more engaging, since this is really lifestyle changes and won't take a ton of mental effort once I get in the habits. I have no idea what I'm going to work on next. Any ideas?

Ooh, tune in soon for pics from my 5K. Our camera was missing, but I found it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment