In the meantime, I'm thinking of taking up a more active approach to getting in shape. Once my milk dries up I think I'm going to be pretty close to my pre-baby weight. So I am looking into some more intense work-out from home options. The 3 I've heard of are:
- P90X
- Intensity
- 30-day Shred
Oh, and in running news. There is a 5K coming up this weekend called "On the Go for Big O". It benefits a local man's family. He's dealing with cancer. My sister-in-law knows the family so I think we're going to get out and run. The hubs said he'd like to run with me, which I think would be really fun. Especially since I know he can handle it, seeing as the 5K he ran a few weekends ago was faster than me by about 6 minutes or so. He'll have to slow down for me! Then there's another one October 8th, the next weekend, which a bunch of girlfriends of mine are interested in walking and running. (One just had a baby and one is pregnant, so they'll be walking.) I've never done running in a social setting, but I'm getting more and more excited about it.
I LOVE the 30 Day Shred. I really miss it. I did it on my "stretch and strengthen" days while I was running. I was in really good shape. I've heard the other two are good, but you can't beat the price of the 30DS. A $10 DVD and some 3 pound dumb-bells are all you need.
ReplyDelete