Today was my first 3 mile run. I didn't know how it would go since I came down with a cold a few days ago. But I had a good night's sleep last night and have felt better today, so I went for it. I ended up walking around 1/2 mile on my last mile. But somehow, and I'm still not sure if it's true, I ended up finishing my 3 miles in about 31 minutes. I ran on my old trail that I ran every day last summer. I don't know if I was just feeling plucky, or remniscent, but I must've had a better pace. Perhaps that's why I needed to walk near the end. I just didn't realize my pace was faster. Or perhaps the clock on my mp3 player is a bit off. I don't know. But Wednesday I'll have a 2 mile run, which I should be able to handle well, and then another 3 mile on Friday. So I suppose I'll judge my time on Friday and see if it's comparable.
I'm going to buy a few song tracks online to make a fun playlist for my 5K. I feel so much more motivated to run when I've got fun songs playing. It makes a huge difference for me. I've always been that way with music, as many are. So that should be fun to do over the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment