Tuesday, August 9, 2011

2.75 mile run

So I did my 2.75 mile run Monday. I just forgot to blog about it. It went surprisingly well. I finished in approx. 37 minutes. That's nothing compared to my cousin who just finished her 5K in 29! But I'll get there. I'm doing a 2 mile run tomorrow. Next week I'll be running 3, which is basically a 5K. My goal is to make it in under 40 minutes. At the rate I'm going, I estimate my run next Monday will be at around 41 minutes. Right now I tend to add 4 minutes for every 1/4 mile. But I'll be able to run the 3 mile distance 3 times before my 5K. So perhaps my pace will quicken just a touch by then.

I can't believe how soon the 5K is. I'm really excited. But I know it'll be fine. I'm mostly excited to meet this goal. It will feel good. I'm excited to pick a non-exercising goal to work on once I've completed this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment