Friday, August 26, 2011

2 mile run and tomorrow's 5K

I did my 2 mile run Wednesday. It was great. I did it in about 23 minutes. I couldn't maintain that pace for another mile, but I knew I would last til the 2nd mile, so I went for it. My new tunes definitely helped me keep pace and mostly keep things interesting.

I'm slightly freaked out that my 5K is tomorrow. The last three days went super fast with a trip to the Urgent Care, my oldest's first day of school and a trip to the allergist.  But I know I can handle the distance, so I'm sure it'll be fine. It's just my first time doing an official 5K, so it gives me butterflies. I'll be so happy when it's completed though because I made a goal of it and I'm about to complete that goal. That always feels good, doesn't it? I'm still not sure what my next goal will be. I don't know if I can set another running goal (it would be a 10K next) with our busier school-year schedule. Until we adjust to our new routine, finding time for a run is going to be hard. So I'm considering other goals for now. There are so many other things I can do. I just don't know what to do. Brush up on my spanish? Or maybe guitar? Take a self-defense class? Knit something? The possibilities are endless. Any ideas? I love input.

Until tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment