I finally got out for a run. I haven't been since Monday. It wasn't even due to my cold, which is mostly gone. But the hub's schedule is changing as school starts next week and it's been harder to fit my runs in without doing them late at night, which is hard. Fortunately, my 5K is a week from tomorrow, so I only have a few more runs to fit in and then I think I'll have to take a break from this type of work-out for a while so we can adjust to our new daily routine. Especially with my oldest starting Kindergarten. Things are going to be changing around here in a major way.
So I missed my run Wednesday, which was a 2 mile. Today should've been a 3 mile run, but I thought I'd do the 2 mile and maybe get the 3 mile in tomorrow. Boy was I glad I only charted out 2. My body was struggling a lot. My lungs were alright, so I know it wasn't an endurance problem. I've been doing more than 2 for a while now. I think it must've been the few days off piled on top of recovering from my cold. Guess it took more of a toll than I realized. So I ended up walking a short distance. But I was running so darn slow it wasn't a real difference in speed. Not really. I ended up doing 2-14 minute miles. So I was going pretty slow, compared to what I usually would have done. But it's alright. I did it, and that's what matters. And if I don't get my 3 mile in tomorrow I'm going to try and not sweat it. I've got a 3 mile to run Monday. Then next Wednesday is a 2 mile. Then rest days until my 5K next Saturday.
I still haven't downloaded my new running tunes. Although I really need to. Everytime I get ready to run and I don't have them it drives me nuts. Perhaps I'll get them this weekend.
I'm going to sneak in a huge congrats to my sis in law who had a bouncing baby boy this morning! Yay! I can't wait to see him tomorrow. Seeing her going through this reminds me of my own experience not 5 months ago. Sometimes I mentally give myself a hard time for not working a little harder to eat better, work out more often, that sort of thing. I guess I tell myself I could have lost more weight by now if I was really dedicated. But I know it hasn't really been all that long. I like to tell myself I have at least 9 months to lose it since it took me that long to gain it all. I'm about halfway through that and I really only have about 5-6 pounds to lose before I'm at my pre-baby weight. I still don't know if my pre-baby jeans will fit, but that's alright. I'll get there. All in good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment