Walk/Run: This is a combination of running and walking, suggested for those in-between days when you want to do some running, but only some. There's nothing in the rules that suggests you have to run continuously, either in training or in the 5-K race itself. Use your own judgment. Run until you begin to feel fatigued, then walk until recovered. Run. Walk. Run. Walk. Another option for in-between days is to do some cross-training: biking, swimming or just plain walking. You get a little exercise, but not so much that you are fatigued for the next day's running workout.
I ended up doing a 35-40 minute walk. Ideally I'd like to keep Sundays for walking or resting. The 7 day training repeats each week, just with the mileage increasing slowly.
It was really relaxing going on the walk. Me and the hubs figured out my trianing for the next two weeks in conjunction with his work schedule. I'm going to be doing my daily training first thing in the morning, after I breastfeed the baby.
I'm also feeling excited since my sweet mom is also back on the treadmill. She had hip replacement a year ago and it's been great for her. I'm so excited for her to be able to get up and exercise again.
So I'd love to challenge anyone who actually reads this to pick a 5K near them and make a goal. You don't even have to run the whole thing. You can walk it! That's why most of them are called a walk/run. It's taken me such a long time to get to this point where I actually feel like I can do this and it's great. I can't wait to make progress and reach some of these goals I'm making. And the more people who are doing it with me, the better. :)
So make a goal everyone. It feels good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment