I didn't get my walk in yesterday (darn) because it was so very busy. But I was fully committed to my run today. I haven't run this far since last summer before I got pregnant. It went surprisingly well. The first mile was pretty great. But on the way back, the cloud cover left, as well as the breeze. So I melted the rest of the way home. But I still managed to do it in about 30 minutes, which includes a few short stops at red lights. So not too shabby!
Tomorrow's a rest or run/walk day. You might guess I'll probably rest. Then the day after is a 1.5 mile run. That'll feel like a piece of cake after today! I have to say that I love google mapping runs and just running local streets. It makes the runs go by so much faster. I never thought I'd enjoy running the sidewalk on busy streets, but I do!
And I'm over halfway to my 5K distance! (It's about 3.1 miles or so)
No comments:
Post a Comment