Today was my first 2 mile run in a while. Instead of doing my normal route, which is a 1/2 mile stretch run back and forth, I ran 1/4 mile and timed myself. Then I used that time to figure out an estimate for 1 mile. Then I ran that mile back. So I wasn't exact, but it was easier to get lost in the trail since I didn't have distance markers. It was nice.
I'm getting so excited about my 5K. I have a few people who have said they'll do it with me and that's such a great motivator and support. I was remembering today what first got me running last April or so. I was playing volleyball and there was a gal there with a runner's shirt from some run she did. She had a runner's body and I remember thinking that I wished I was fit like that. As we were talking about running, I said something to her about how I was not a runner. She replied with something along the lines of, "Anyone can run." For some reason it really hit me when she said that. I'm a relatively healthy person. And she was right. Anyone can run. It might take a while to get acclimated to it, and some might take more naturally to it, but anyone can do it. That's what got me running last year. I still don't quite feel like a "runner" yet, but I'm sure as I shed some more of the baby weight, I'll feel more confident in my runner-ness. :)
Speaking of weight, I'm hoping to weigh in at my in-laws tomorrow as we drop off our two older kids. It's a different scale than the one I weighed on last time, but since it's been almost a month, I'm hoping that there will be progress to speak of. We'll see. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment