Sunday, July 31, 2011

45 minute walk

I was due for a 45 minute walk yesterday. As usual on Saturdays, the hubs worked from 9-6 which made finding the time difficult. So instead of resting today, I actually went on my walk today. Which is usually what I intend to do, but it doesn't end up happening. It was a super hot day outside and so I sweated a ton for those 45 minutes.

My run tomorrow is 2.5 miles. They only get longer from here out. Kinda freaks me out a tiny bit. But I'm hoping I'll continue to adjust to the distance. I've been trying to find a 10K, which I wanted to do after my 5K, but I can only find ones on Thanksgiving. I can't do one much earlier because I want at least 8 weeks to train, like I did with my 5K. But there aren't any very close to where I live that are after that 8 week period. And no one up here does runs after Thanksgiving really since it's snow country. There's one in December, but it's a 9 hour drive or so. But, I'm going to complete my 5K and go from there. Perhaps I'll just keep running 5K's all fall until winter hits. I can still do the 10K training program and run the 10K distance. It's just not as dramatic as doing an official 10K. If I want to make it to the Ogden half-marathon next May, I have to keep upping my distances. We'll see. That's the plan for now, but as we all know, plans change. For now, I'm keeping my eyes on my first 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment