So I got myself out of bed earlier than I absolutely had to (which is a big deal for me) and went to the gym this morning. As I was about one minute away, I realized I had left my mp3 player at home. Bummer. But I didn't dare go back for it (we live like 5 minutes away, or less) since I was on the clock with the hubs at home with the kiddos, one of which would need to be breastfeed in the not-to-distant future. So I went without, which wasn't as awful as I thought it'd be. I upped my laps around the track to 5, making my total distance 1 1/4 mile. I worked the weights today, even completing all my reps on the Fly - which is totally my Moby Dick. My arms are so super weak. Last time I tried those reps, they kicked my butt and I only did 5 sets of 5. But this morning I did the full 5 sets of 10. So perhaps part of it is just mental. I can still tell that my left arm is the one dragging behind, but I'm determined to get them more evened out. I am right-handed so I'm naturally stronger there. But I'd like to be a bit more balanced.
My next struggle is what to do about my membership. My month trial is about to end. This week, I think. Argh. I could get a membership where I'm at, but I bet it's not the cheapest. (They have a rock climbing, racquetball courts, tennis, classes, child care, swimming, etc.) Whereas, there's a gym across the street from us that's a 24-hour deal. No child care or classes I bet. But it'd be undoubtedly cheaper. And there's no contract involved. It's strictly month to month. Which my husband likes. I haven't done the research yet. I need to find out prices and whatnot. I do have a reasonable amount of personal money I can put towards a membership. I teach piano lessons and the money I bring in is for my personal use since our budget doesn't currently need it. We'll see. I have some research to do in the next few days, and then a decision to make. Either way, though, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. Since I'm working weights and running, I expect the weight won't come off quite the same it did last summer when I was just running. But I'm hoping this will be a better long-term fitness choice.
No comments:
Post a Comment