Friday, May 27, 2011

Tracking Progress...

I went out for a run this evening. I found a way to track my distance and I did 2 miles. My first mile was 11 minutes. (Not too bad considering how long it's been.) Then I walked a little under 1/4 mile and ran the rest. My second mile (walking included) was 13 minutes. So from here on out, I'll be able to track my progress and set myself more running goals. I like being able to track myself. It makes the improvements more tangible, which makes it more motivating for me.

The hubs told me I'd be sore tomorrow. He's probably right. But I'm still considering going out tomorrow morning. He's working tomorrow, but not til 9. So I should be able to get out and done after the baby wakes up and get some breakfast. I'm certainly feeling much more motivated now that things are getting going. The baby having a great day didn't hurt either.

A note about progress. When I first got into running, I didn't solely rely on the scale, although I did weigh myself somewhat regularly. I relied on measurements. Once a week I measured myself in a few keys spots. This way, even if the scale wasn't showing drastic progress, I could see it in the numbers from my measurements. Sometimes the scale doesn't tell the whole picture because our bodies are complex. Muscle mass and other factors make the scale a not-so-accurate portrayal of fitness. I'm not going to be doing that this time. At least not for now. Having just had a baby, and still dealing with the jelly-belly issues, I know that I'll be able to see the progress in my waistline. My pre-prego jeans fit decently. Except for the waist. So it'll be easy to see if that is getting smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment