Friday, May 13, 2011
I Have Dreams...
I get the final lines of this song in my head whenever I think about this blog. I have dreams. This blog is a lot of things. One of them is a place where I want to work on goals, challenges, dreams. The first one is going to be getting myself in shape. Just having had a baby and all. I had my six week check-up and I'm officially able to "be normal" as my doctor put it. Tomorrow I'm going to go buy some running shoes so I can get back out and start running again. I'm very eager to begin. I had just reached my goal of running 3 miles when I got pregnant last summer. I know it's going to take me time to get back where I was, but I feel like it won't take as long as it did the first time.
I have a lot of things I want to do and random goals I want to accomplish. But before I feel like I can tackle any of those I'm going to tackle losing this baby weight. (Well, most of it won't actually be baby weight, but just extra weight.) I've lost about 20 pounds since my baby was born. I have a goal to lose another 20. That's a pretty high goal. If I lost 10, I'd be about where I usually am. But that's still not where I want to be. So I'm setting my goal high. Aside from just running, I have a plan to start a more balanced exercise plan, including lifting weights and whatnot. I'm also going to try and make sure I'm eating a more balanced diet. My food intake has improved pretty drastically over the last 2 years, but it can still get better.
So over the next while, I plan on sharing this journey with whoever wants to read it. I don't know how often I'll post. I might write about running, about keeping motivation, about nutrition (a subject I get really into), or something else in any of these areas. I don't know. But this is my current dream. So feel free to dream along with me.
:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment