Last night I went for my first run on the trail again. I have to say that it felt awesome! When I first started running, I had a huge smile on my face. The only thing I'm wishing I could do is judge how far I've run. The trail I run on (which is right next to our place and so convenient) was recently re-routed around a highway bypass. The new section isn't marked for distance like the original is. So once you run through the bypass, you no longer have distance markers. If I knew how long the bypass section was, I might be able to figure it out. But until I do, I just don't know how far I run. I think it was between 2-2.5 miles. The first thing to hit me between 0.5-.075 mile was that my lungs were burning. I knew I would feel a muscular kind of tired, but I wasn't expecting my lungs to be so out of shape. That feeling eventually went away. Just in time for my muscles to get tired. But I think my pace was pretty decent. Especially considering the new section has some pretty drastic ups and downs, which I'm not familiar with. I tried to stretch a bit before and after to reduce soreness. I took some ibuprofen last night too as a preventative measure. Tending 3 kids with a really sore body can be tough, so I'm going to try and pace myself. But it felt really good to be out again.
I don't know how often I'll be able to get out. My baby (7 week old Munchkin) is still not very easy. She does great at nights, but her days are currently pretty difficult. I'm hoping it's just a growth spurt, and she'll grow out of it. (literally) The hubs is really supportive about me getting out and exercising. He really wants me to be have the time I need. But until the kids make it easier (Yeah, that's not likely) I won't be able to have much of a predictive exercising schedule.
Oh well. For now I'll take what I can get and hope that (at least in the beginning) I can shave some numbers off the scale.
No comments:
Post a Comment