Thursday, January 19, 2012
Still going...minus one meal
I did the sugar fast for one whole week and then a few days. But last night, I made pancakes for dinner. (Whole wheat buttermilk pancakes. Yum!) I justified the pancakes since they have brown sugar, and come on, they're whole wheat. But I couldn't justify syrup. So I just ate them anyway. I decided not to say I was breaking my sugar fast, but taking a pause for one meal. It's still going well. I definitely have moments when I seriously want chocolate. Like yesterday from 3:30 to 4:30. It was one of those hours. But I powered through it and didn't snack at all during that stressful hour, and lo and behold, I'm still here. I weighed in this morning, and I'm 10.8 lbs from my goal. I haven't weighed in otherwise, so I'm hoping it's pretty accurate of the last week and a half. I've decided to keep it going. If it can keep stimulating some weight loss, I can sacrifice some more time away from my beloved chocolate. It's good for me to get away from it for a while. I need to learn some balance and moderation. And I can't help but feel a little healthier for staying away from sugar for a while. :)
Labels:
sugar fast,
weight loss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment