Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sugar Fast Prep

I'm totally gearing up for this sugar fast business. The hubs has been super supportive and is removing a ton of candy from the house by feeding it to his seminary and spanish students. This past week I've been trying to get rid of sugar from the house. I have to admit I got rid of most of it by eating it. Boo. So I may have an extra few pounds to lose at the beginning of this ordeal just from my getting ready for it. I just can't stand to throw away things. *groan* But the house is virtually sugar free. No ice cream, no cookies, just a small stash of things for Moose's school-lunch and most of it is stuff I don't want, so it's no issue. But I've been thinking about this sugar fast a ton this last week. I think it's going to be hard, but soo beneficial to my daily nutrition. The more I think about it, the more I realize that sugar has been a total issue for me. Not so much in the processed boxed foods, but in snacks. I'm a snacker and they tend to be sweets. So that has to stop. I'm mentally prepping to have healthy snacks available. I've got a bunch of almonds all ready to be eaten. :) I don't think I'm quite ready to start. But I've decided to start earlier than the end of the month, because I don't want to wait that long! But I don't know how long I'll do it for. Especially with Valentine's Day not too far away. (I LOVE Necco Sweethearts. If anyone finds them, let me know! Couldn't find them locally last year. Just about cried.) But if I do allow sugar for V-Day, it will be limited and in small quantities. No large bags of candy at my house! I'm stocked up on good breakfast alternatives. (A weak sugar-spot for me.) I'm kinda getting excited. I want to get healthier. I think this will be a good way for me to get some bad things out of my diet. I am mentally prepared, too, to not substitute salty foods for my sugary foods. Don't need that either. Well, I just had to share my mounting enthusiasm. I'm totally getting hyped for this! Anyone else wanna try? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment