Saturday, January 12, 2013
1 year and I'm back
So it's been one week shy of one year since I've posted on here. I've gone up and down with my desires to be healthy, having a particularly down period over the last 2 months. Me and the hubs made some big decisions today as far as some purchases for the family and I decided to get a Challenge Pack with BeachBody. I have 2 amazing buddies from my childhood who are both BeachBody coaches. They both look amazing. I know these girls. One of whom just recently had her third baby. I've got 3, and I know what can happen to your body. Most of all though, I'd just lost my motivation for a while. Once daylight savings hit, and it starts to get dark by 5:30, which is when the hubs gets home from work, it makes going for a run not so feasible. Then winter hits in November/December and lasts through April, which includes copious amounts of snow and ice. But today, after some introspection and talking with the hubs and my BeachBody buddy, I decided to commit to something, and feel confident that I won't fail. (a problem of mine, I'm learning) I realized today that I never feel confident when it comes to taking care of my body. Even if I hit a stride where I'm doing well, it never lasts, and I was used to that. I watched women in my life struggle with weight and body image my whole life and I just realized that I do to. I mean, I knew that, but I didn't realize I didn't think I could really do it. I never wanted to invest financially, emotionally, or with my time because I didn't really think I could do it. But I've decided today to give myself every chance, every opportunity to succeed. I'm a strong woman. I've been successful in so many things. But when it comes to my body and my health, I've never been successful. That is about to change. I will soon be receiving a DVD of workouts called ChaLean Extreme, as well as a month's worth of Shakeology to supplement my nutrition. I am going full-bore. I will do my work-outs however often I should be. I'll quit stress eating and snacking. I'm going to drink my Shakeology once a day, and I'm going to see results. Once I get my stuff in the mail, I'm going to take a before picture and update it every 2 weeks, I think. I'm not expecting mind-blowing results, but I think it's going to change me. I'm expecting increased energy (of which I've not had much of lately), more confidence, and an overall lift in my spirits. I feel like this year can really be a year where I make good changes for me. I'm a Type 1 (Dressing Your Truthers) and live in a world of possibilities. I have a million ideas, which are rarely seen through to the end. But I've learned to follow through with things when it's for others, when it effects those around me, when it's important to people around me. But when it comes to things for me, that's when I've always, always dropped the ball. I may always be that way, but I've decided that my health and nutrition will be a ball I am not going to drop, anymore. So here's to a new year, and hopefully a more healthy and confident me. :)
Labels:
goals,
motivation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment