Friday, January 13, 2012

Sugar Fast Day 5

I know, what happened to the first 4 days? 2 sick kids (especially one whose coughs wake her up multiple times a night) has kept me on minimal mode, sleeping as much as possible (not much, let me tell you) and stil trying to be productive at home during the day. I've not had a mind for blogging. But since we cleared the house of sugar over the weekend, I really had no good reason to delay starting my sugar fast. So far, I can say it hasn't been all that bad. I have to know what I'm eating for breakfast. And as long as there's no sugary cereals at the house, I'm okay. I've been using small bits of honey to sweeten breakfast too. I've found that I hit a munchy stage in the afternoon when I tend to want to snack on sweets. But if I keep busy during that time and have good alternatives, it's not a problem. The first 2 days during the afternoon were the hardest. But not all that bad. The evening is a little hard too. I'm used to having some sweets after the kids go to bed, like ice cream. But I've managed too. Less snacking at night is probably another good spot for me to trim calories. I still occasionally have some popcorn with the hubs, and I'm going to get some all-natural applesauce which can curb my sweet tooth too. It's all about good alternatives. And self-control. I can honestly say I've only had one thing with sugar as an ingredient. But it was a homemade loaf of bread given by a friend. Couldn't say no to that. And I'm sure sugar wasn't a main ingredient. You can't mess with sugar and baking. I did bake some bread today. 2 loaves of whole wheat. They came out awesome. And they have honey, not sugar. If I can get a good habit, I want to become a homemade bread family. The kids loved it, I love it and the hubs does too. I'm sure it's probably cheaper and I know every ingredient. So that was a fun addition to the sugar fast today.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep my good habits over the 3-day weekend. Sometimes weekends are harder since the hubs is home and my normal routines tend to go out the window. Self-control! I can keep this up. I'm going to weigh in Monday after it's been a week. I don't know if it will have made a big difference, but for now I plan on continuing. I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment