Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Getting Started

So I finally got well enough to get started on my new beachbody program. Yesterday I took all of my measurements, and I did my fitness test. It's just an assortment of exercises, and I'll do them again after my program is done to see how much progress I've made.  I also took 10 photos of myself to compare every 30 days. I really wasn't looking forward to that part. But I decided I needed to do it. It's necessary and will be helpful in seeing my physical transformation as I work harder to take care of myself. At the same time, the photos were hard to see. It's not anything I don't see everyday, but for some reason when you see a picture, it's a little bit different.
 I've also started my work-outs. Only one day so far. I did my first day yesterday. I wasn't going to rest today, but save my rest day for later this week, however I ended up changing my mind. I have been quite sore today. I also needed to get a heavier set of weights. I currently have 3 lb weights and 5 lb weights. I now own 8 lb weights. I figure in the near future, I'll get 10 lb weights too. Gotta push myself and believe that I can handle it!
 
 
I'm eager to keep going, to keep pushing myself. I feel really positive about this and optimistic. I know that my body will respond. It always does when I push it. I also want to make sure that the changes I'm making to my diet and daily exercise are lasting. Baby steps. I'm not drastically changing my diet. I'm making changes to the foods we eat regularly, always adding new things that are good for us, and watching my portions. I think that eating too many calories, not necessarily of bad things, but just too much, is my biggest fault. That and watching my desserts. I'm a sucker for a bowl of popcorn. Granted, we air pop. :)  Oh, I also got a pedometer. I want to make sure I'm physically active enough just in general, throughout the day. I don't want my work-out to be the only physically active thing I do on a day. So I'm going to track my steps. I hear one should walk 10,000 steps a day to live a healthy lifestyle. I didn't put mine on til noonish, but I'm curious to see. Sometimes I can be really sedentary. Especially when my kiddos are napping. It's my down-time. But I need to take that time to get things done. We have a treadmill now, so I think I might jog on it from time to time. Or even just walk. Like on rest days, like today. Just to make sure I'm still getting a good amount of physical movement in each day. Small changes. Baby steps. Life-long changes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment