So I did real great through my first 4 weeks. Although I don't think I really lost any weight, I felt good, was sleeping amazing, and pretty happy. Then my birthday hit, we had a few crazy days, a few family members got sick, and lo and behold, I hadn't worked out in over 2 weeks. At first, I was ignoring it, and possibly eating awfully. Then I knew I wanted to get back to my work-outs, but had to climb out of these old, bad habits. Once I got into that phase, I was able to stop and think about how to create better habits. The first things I realized was that working out during naptime was not sustainable. However, I'm not a morning person. But I miss working out. I've been trying to get up before my kids the last few days, but I'm lousy at it. I finally realized what I need to do. I asked my husband to talk with me when he gets out of bed. If we talk and engage, then I think I can do it. I just told him I didn't have the will power to do it on my own and I needed his help. I think it'll work. So I did get a work out in this morning (since my bigger girl was at preschool group) although it was interrupted perhaps 3 or 4 times by my little girl, and my third extreme push-up might've been done with her laying underneath me. But it felt good to get it done. I had a much better lunch today, and I've just about nixed all evil temptation from the house.
One thing I learned from this was that even though I reverted to some bad habits for a few weeks, I don't feel like it was the way it used to be. I missed working out, I missed eating my healthier foods even. My sweets didn't make me feel good. Not the way I was doing things. I knew I was eating them to rebel against all my good work, and I didn't like it in the end. I'm ready to keep going, and keep progressing in healthy habits. I'm actually kind of excited for tomorrow morning, to see if I can handle it. It'll be like sleeping the night before the first day of school. I just want to make a habit that I know I can keep for the long-term. I don't think I ever wanted it enough before, but I do now. I felt better, slept better, and was more confident with my body when I was working out. Even though I hand't lost any weight. But I'm sure if I keep fine tuning my health and fitness, I'll make progress. :)
Just so it's out there, my goal is to lose 13.5 lbs. (from the last time I weighed in) It's official. I've got a goal. Let's do this. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment